Project Manager is responsible for managing the execution of projects for our clients with multiple locations throughout Minnesota. A Project Manager must manage multiple projects, partially from our Golden Valley office and partially on-site.
The position demands solid knowledge of Project Management as well as strong organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and excellent communications skills.
This position offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our clients, vendors and partners
- Gain a thorough understanding of client objectives and project scope
- Create accurate estimates and proposals
- Solicit labor bids and select and manage subcontractors
- Coordinate project resources (labor, materials, equipment) to maximize efficiency and ensure project timeline objectives are met
- Direct subcontractors and ensure adherence to plans, contract specifications, applicable codes, safety program and best trade practices
- Manage costs to meet or exceed set profit margin expectations
- Manage personal travel costs and monthly expense reports
- Create and maintain administrative details in estimating software and service management system
- Work closely with Financial Department to meet project AR and AP responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial projects with experience in pricing, sub-bidding, proposal presentation, and scheduling
- Strong understanding of construction and practical field experience
- CAD and Visio experience / familiarity preferred
- Ability to present project information to groups of stakeholders and or participate in project meetings
- Willing and able to multi-task in a fast paced, multi project based environment
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Procore experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to travel on a regular basis and manage workload while out of the office
- Full-time Position
- Competitive compensation based on level of skills and experience
- Competitive benefits package including: Medical, Preventative Dental, Life Insurance, 401k and vacation, sick time and personal time
- Positive work environment, casual dress code
About Zeman Construction
We are a client-first contractor that uses a collaborative process to build exceptional solutions that result in long-term relationships. Located in Golden Valley, Zeman Construction is a premier commercial contractor building a strong team based on our core values: family, quality, integrity, service and resourcefulness.